Melissa's Playlist


Saturday, May 30, 2009

Navy Commendation Medal




Jim received a COM at his retirement ceremony, he thought he might get a NAM so he was very surprised when it was a COM.
OK now for the definition, a COM is a Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal, a NAM is a Navy Achievement Medal. A COM is not given out as often as a NAM so he was really very surprised, it is a pretty high award from the Navy as I understand it.
He received the COM " for meritorious service while serving as G-3 bomb assembly supervisor assigned to Navy Munitions Command CONUS West Division Detachment Fallon, Nevada from December 2005-May 2009......"
There was more but mostly it means that someone finally realized that he is the glue that makes things work. I was so happy for him, he I think, has always been under-appreciated by his commands. I was happy that someone finally realized how much he does and how well.
Bravo Zulu Jones.

No comments: